At Bryson's Farm Fresh Produce we handle only the best products available and that includes our nuts. All of our nuts are naturally grown Missouri's nuts to achieve the finest flavor possible. Our Missouri pecans are slightly smaller than the southern grown but have a more unique sweetness and a higher oil content which results in extremely flavorful nut meats preferred by many. The shorter growing season and the cooler climate of Missouri also helps to contribute to their wonderful flavor.
Nuts are also a great health food which provide protein, fiber, vitamins and minerals, all of which your body needs on a regular basis. Several studies have been made with some of the following results:
1. The vitamin E content in nuts works as an antioxidant and may have a prophylactic value against Parkinson's Disease.
2. People who eat nuts on a regular basis are said to live up to 2 years longer.
3. One study suggests that you may be able to cut your risk of sudden cardiac death in half by eating nuts twice a week.
4. It has also been found that women who consume nuts or peanut butter five or more times a week significantly lower their risk of Type 2 Diabetes compared to those who didn't.
5. They have also discovered that pecans and nuts also help lower your cholesterol. Pecans have what we call the "good fats", which help to prevent the decline in HDL cholesterol. Those fats lower the bad cholesterol and don't affect the good cholesterol.
6. They also discovered that nuts reduce the risk of progression to advanced AMD (neovascular disease) in individuals with early on intermediate stages.